XXXHOLIC

Posted by mickung

XXXHOLIC
Ok so here is my review of XXXholic this confused me for a wile but I was informed that to pronounce this you simply say Holic and leave out the 3 X. so about XXXHolic this is a CLAMP Anime is about a guy named Watanugi, and Watanugi can see ghosts and Spirits. And in the first episode he is being basically stalked by one and he’s really sick of it but doesn’t know what to do about it… So he’s walking home from school one day and is dragged by some unknown force into some house, well this house is really a ‘shop’ and this ‘shop’ is none other then Yuko’s (if you know Tsubasa you know who I’m talking about) and she is a witch but not the broom stick type in fact I don’t like calling her that cus’ I’d consider her more of a ‘magical being’ then anything else. But anyway back to the story so Watanugi is pulled to Yuko’s shop and she tell him that she can get rid of the spirit that has been stalking him, so he agrees and then she tells him that for payment he has to work for her, and so that is how XXXHolic starts Watanugi works for Yuko and she makes him do all sorts of crazy stuff it also gets into him having a crush on a girl from his school and really not liking this guy from his school who turns out to be like a really cool guy who I would say is probably the best friend he has. Now for anyone who’s like oh that is that one that’s suppose to intertwine with Tsubasa right? That’s what I’ve been told but I haven’t seen much of that in this so far (there was one seen in which the girls who run around Yuko’s shop where beating out a rug with Fai’s staff but other then that…) now I’m no where near being done with this so there is a good chance that that happens down the road and I do know that Watanugi shows up in later volumes of the Tsubasa manga so I do know that they do have something to do with each other. But back on the topic of XXXholic the anime I really like this. its more toward the Si Fi, supernatural side of anime then the normal stuff for me, but I do like that stuff I just haven’t watched a lot of anime like that at this point. But it’s a grate anime! If you like Tsubasa and want more of that kind of stuff or you like the CLAP universe I would defiantly recommend this. As for a rating… I would say a 14+ rating the reasoning is it can be a little creepy and this dives further into the CLAP universe then like Tsubasa the Anime did now if you are used to Tsubasa the manga this will be right up you ally but if you’ve only seen Tsubasa the anime this is different, good but defiantly different.