Ever since I bought my two cream blushes from Topshop (seen here!) I’ve been lusting after these two beautiful lip polishes!  I got my hands on them a few weeks ago and didn’t know which colour to choose, but the lovely MUA in the Oxford Street store tried them both on me and I had to have them both!

topshop

Smoothie

 smoothie2

I’d describe this as a pink nude that verges on violet rather than red.  Its stunning and I adore it.

Coral

coral

An orange/red coral which screams glamour.  Its quite bright in real life but easy to pull off!

What I think -

These little stunners are unlike any other lip balm/polish/gloss I have tried before and I love them.  I think its the formula that sets them apart from the rest.  They are SO pigmented that they apply like a lip stick but are more moisturizing than normal lipsticks, if that makes sense?  If all my favourite lipsticks came in this formula, I would repurchase them.  The formula also means that your lips look healthy and juicy.  I wouldn’t say that the formula is too sticky, I don’t even notice it when I’m wearing them which is good cause I’m usually really annoyed at sticky balms.

The packaging is cute although the white lid does get dirty quite easily.  There is a mirror on the inside of the lid which is just perfect for applying when your out and about, and the packaging is a size which will easily fit in your handbag.

I normally apply these using my index finger to get a nice coverage but I’d also recommend using a lip brush for special occasions etc just to be sure that you get a good even application.

They retail at £6 each and I would say are definitely worth that price.  As they are so pigmented you don’t have to apply a lot so they will last a long time.

Does any one else have any of the Topshop lip polishes?  Will you be craving one after seeing these swatches?

XXX

P.S Both purchased with my own money!