Hair Care For Long Hair

Posted by mickung


Hair Care For Long Hair - Washing, Drying, Untangling, Trimming
2010

Having long hair is considered sexy, feminine and the likes. However, not many people have the patience to grow and to care for it. Long hair requires more time and effort to care compared to short hair. Based on that very notion, I have some tips for long hair care based on my own personal experience.

Amazing Long Curly Hair

Washing Long Hair
How often you need to wash your hair, what shampoo you use all depends on the kind of hair you have. Since I have oily hair, I tend to wash my hair every other day. As for shampoos, pick the kind that suits your hair most; dry, oily, dandruff etc. I have learned from experience that you should try only washing your scalp for most of the washes if you have extra long hair since oil originates from the scalp and to only wash the length occasionally.
Drying Long Hair
I think very long and thick hair is the most time consuming. I need about an hour or so to completely dry my hair. What I would recommend is to gently run the towel through the hair before air-drying it.
I personally wouldn't recommend using blow-dryers because it can damage your hair.

Untangling Tangled Hair
I would recommend untangling hair after washing and drying it. It should be untangled when dry or almost completely dry.

Trimming Long Hair
If you want to trim it occasionally, I would suggest self-trimming. If, on the other hand you are not confident, just let it go naturally or let your hairdresser do it if you want a change.

In addition to this, having a balanced diet is vital in maintaining healthy long hair. Be careful of doors, drawers and other places where your hair might easy get caught in accidentally. Laugh if you must but I myself have personally experienced one or two of these!

Pictures Copyright of PR PHOTOS