Celebrity Hairstyles

Posted by mickung
Ironically my Ellen Addiction didn’t start when I first wrote a short piece about her hairdresser who coifs the comic wonder’s tresses with Paul Mitchell products. Nor did it develop when my dear friend, celebrity hairdresser Robert Hallowell confided that he was dying to share his special cat shampoos with the famous Ms. D.


Nope, the blame for my current all-consuming addiction to she-who-dances, also known simply as Ellen, can be blamed solely on my dear lifetime friend, Carolyn Cooper.
Don’t get me wrong, I was a modest fan of Ellen’s original TV series. I was also one of the gazillion people watching when Ellen made television sitcom history. But it wasn’t until Carolyn and I were having lunch at Mac’s Bar & Grill in Plano, Texas, that I caught the terminal Ellen bug.
Throughout our entire girlfriends-who-lunch experience Carolyn would pepper other topics with Ellenisms. It all started when the waiter brought some dreaded white bread – to our table. As I sneered, Carolyn ripped off a huge piece and calmly said “you know, Ellen believes that people need to eat more bread”. I was a little taken aback since we were busy debating traffic patterns when Ellen somehow popped into our conversation.

After Carolyn explained her own addiction to Ellen, followed by mock shock that I didn’t Tivo Ellen’s daytime talk show, the spirit of Ms. DeGeneres claimed the rest of our lunch date. In a highly animated tone, Carolyn relayed how absolutely adorable a blushing Ellen appeared during Justin Timberlake’s appearance.
She also confided that Ellen’s mom rarely missed a show and always sat in the same spot. She went on to rhapsodize about how Ellen had to have the most hilarious talk show in the Universe. Carolyn finished our visit by stressing the fact that she never ever missed a show unless her Tivo malfunctioned, which it tragically