Tsubasa OVA’s

Posted by mickung

Tsubasa OVA’s
Hello readers well I have just watched both Tsubasa OVA’s and They where good but I do have one thing to say watch Tokyo revelations FIRST! Because I watched shunraiki first and was completely lost… I was told that shunraiki came first and that was very very wrong. Tokyo revelations came first. I will note if you are used to the calm not so graphic tsubasa chronicles Tokyo revelations will be rather shocking getting a 17+ rating from some places and I would say that it is not unwarranted it is very bloody and the storyline comes crashing into you like a semi-truck! I mean it was fast and was kinda like the world was falling apart. But it answered some questions that I had from the first episode. A neither thing is I would watch both the first and second seasons of Tsubasa chronicle before these I know the time line would say to watch it some where in the beginning of the second season but I would watch all of the series before this because this has nothing to do with what happened as the series continued and I think it might be odd to just have some of this stuff drop of the face of the earth. But here is a brake down of each of them.

Tokyo Revelations
starts right after episode 42 basically when Fai-kun used his magic for the first time, instead of them just escaping the library like in the anime this fallows the manga in which they are transported to a completely demolished Tokyo. Basically it continues from there Syaoran trying to get the feather back yada yada yada… But you’ll see that this is not the Tsubasa we are used to when we see a bloody battle field in which our gang is found by some people living in one of Tokyo’s government buildings (sorry I don’t remember the exact name.) and it goes on except for the fact that Sakura has yet to wake up. They go on and we see that Kurogone is getting suspicious of Fai-kun and his hidden intentions. (In this one we don’t really find out about Fai-kun’s past if that is what you are looking for you will have to wait till Shunraiki.) at this point every thing picks up pace and I personally felt like I was going 90 miles an hour though this… I’m not going to say much more because it will give away some of the crazy twists that happened and those should remain a surprise for you I will just tell you this, everything you thought you knew is about to change it was really rather thrilling I haven’t been on the edge of my seat like that in a LONG time. So I recommend this just know that it is different and if you have a low tolerance for bloody stuff I’m not so sure you will like this one.

Shunraiki
This one takes place some time after Tokyo Revelations I’m not sure of the exact time line. But we open on a fight between the guy we saw Fai-kun seal way back in the first episode and our beloved gang it goes by really fast so pay attention. Basically with in the first five minuets we see a world falling apart, Fai-kun transporting Syaoran and Sakura out of it and trying to do the same to Kurogone and stay behind himself. But kurogone will have none of that so he cuts off his own arm so he can drag Fai-kun with him into the new world, which happens to be none other then Kurogones home world. It goes on from there and we see the friendship between Fai-kun and Kurogone growing. (which was also seen in TR) but none the less it goes on and some of the curse that was placed on Kurogone is explained and a little of Fai-kun’s past is revealed, But you have to have seen TR if anything going on with Syaoran and Sakura is going to make sense and even then it is a little confusing still. I’m starting to watch XXXHolic and I’m hoping that may tell me more about some of what happened here. But as I said I wont tell you much more it would give away a lot of what happens in TR. I did like this one although I was really confused through most of it. I recommend it, you definitely get more info on things. But a lot still is left unanswered and I intend to find the answers so I’m going to move Tsubasa to the top of my manga reading list and hopefully I will get the answers. But this is the end of Tsubasa as an Anime from what I have heard there is no plan for a third season of the series so this is it if you want to know more your going to have to do what I’m planning and read the manga.

P.S. I know a little more about Fai-kun’s past so if you want to know more comment and I will get the info to you I don’t want to give it away to those who are going to read the manga and don’t want spoilers.