MAC Lipsticks

Posted by mickung

When I go into a MAC store, I spent the most amount of time drooling over the lipsticks.  It’s a dangerous place for me to be, in front of those many rows of lippies!  I have bought a fair few over the past year and I will share them here today. 

I know how aggravating and hard it is sometimes to find a decent swatch of certain lip colours so this is to aid those in search, and to also show you the kind of colours I like in a lipstick.

IMG_1082

L-R

Please Me, Chatterbox, Patisserie, Pretty Please, Rozz Revival, Morange, Toxic Tale, Jazzed, Ever Hip

Please me - I kept seeing swatches of this and fell in love so I couldn’t resist getting it for myself.  Its really wearable and I’ve been wearing it most days to just add some colour to my face.  Its a pink but quite a subtle, sexy one.

Chatterbox - I asked a friend to pick this up for me as she was going to Westfield's and I wanted a new lippie, and I’d say it was risky for me to purchase something without seeing it in the flesh first.  When I first received it I wasn’t too keen, I expected it to be brighter and lighter in the flesh than it was, but I have grown to love it.  Its a gorgeous pink that really suits my skin type, although I’d say its a darker kind of pink than I usually wear. 

Patisserie - My most used MAC lipstick (I’ve just bought my second!) as its a very natural colour, my lips but better.  I really don’t think that this lipstick gets as much recognition as it deserves, hardly anyone talks about it!  The reason I actually bought this lipstick was because I took my favourite Estee Lauder lipstick (Crystal Baby) to my local MAC and asked the MUA to match the shade up, and the closest happened to be Patisserie. (I’ll do a dupe post soon!)  Anyway, gorgeous nude pink shade, lasts well, smells delicious and is very moisturizing.

Pretty Please - The one I won over at Laurens Dressing Room.  Completely different to any other lipstick of mine and its nice to have a change from wearing colours!  This adds a gorgeous pearly shine to your lips, its very pretty although pale, and kind of reminds me of 60’s makeup, worn by Twiggy.  I also like that I can apply this on top of my other lip colours to add a shine.

Rozz Revival (DISCONTINUED?!) - My first ever MAC purchase!  I have a feeling this is discontinued (which isn’t very helpful for you guys!) but its a pretty sheer, shiny red which I pull out on special occasions.  This is the second time MAC have discontinued something which I like (the other being my favourite contour blush, Strada) – annoying!  Although I like this red, I probably wouldn’t have repurchased anyway because I’d want to try another red instead!

Morange - My newest addition!  My best friend bought me this a few weeks ago as a little random act of kindness (best friend ever huh!).  Morange has been on my wish list for ages but I’ve never plucked up the courage to get it, so I’m so grateful that I own it now – Its stunning!!!!  I’ve heard that orangey-reds are very in in 2011 so I will be sporting this lots.  Its the most beautiful orange red which looks classically stunning and I’ve been wearing it almost everyday recently!

Limited Edition

Toxic Tale - I’ve wore this lots towards the end of 2010, the colour is stunning and very unique, I think.  It instantly glams up my whole face and outfit and I just love it!

Jazzed - Another favourite, similar to Ever Hip but more orange, I’m sure you’ve seen this all loads already also!

Ever Hip - Love this lipstick so much that I’ve stopped wearing it as I don’t want it to run out!  Came out with the Liberty of London collection, I love the colour and the packaging, everything about it.  I’ve spoken about this lippie so much on my blog so I don’t want to bore you talking about it any more!

4

3 

(If anyone would like to see swatches of these on my lips, then please just ask and I’ll take photos when I next get a chance!)

WISHLIST - Ravishing, Kinda Sexy, Vegas Volt, See Sheer.

What are your favourite MAC lipsticks?  Recommend me some! XXX