Sengoku Basara

Posted by mickung

Sengoku Basara!
So I’m going to do a anime review! Wipe the sarcastic shocked looks of your faces yes I know I do like one a year but this one is good! So here be go for Sengoku Basara!
So Sengoku Basara is about samurai, its based off a game by… Capcom? I think… (what’da want from me the only games I keep up with are the pokemon franchise.) anyway, Sengoku Basara senters about quite a few characters but the two ////main///// characters are Yukimura and Masamune. (yukimura is the red one and masamune is the blue one…) it starts you out by introducing you to just about every character before right from the word go and I really loved that. But the anime oh that anime!!!!! It was so good there was romance, humor, and action AKA everything I love in one anime it was so great. The animation was top notch it was really well done. The story was good there are some who would say that it was lacking and it had plot whole blah blah blah, yeah it may have but one it comes from a videogame there and with that there are just going to be things like that (ever see the movie in the name of the king??) and besides any plot wholes where made up for with the shear epicness of the show and what makes it epic was the amazing combination of great characters, great story, and side busting humor. All and all it is a AMAZING anime and I hear that there is a movie coming for it and a second season so I’m super happy about that. I recommend this 100% as for age rating I’d say 15 or 16 somewhere in there for the fact that Masamune has a mouth and some of the content with the villains (drinking from a skull, skimpy dressed Ninja, a dude with a serious blood lust so on.) so that is that Sengoku Basara! Watch it!

P.S. I watched it in English it had some of my fave voice actors in it but I hear from some cool people that the Japanese is great too!